From Artstor Help
- Open the OIV and click Edit. Or, on a Mac, click ARTstor OIV in the toolbar menu.
- Click Preferences...
- A new window will open, offering five different tabs for editing user preferences. Please note: If you are not the administrator on your computer you may not have access to all five tabs and you will need to log onto the computer as the administrator to make certain changes.
- Click on the "General" tab to make changes to the...
- Click on the "Image Size" tab to choose the size of the images that you download from ARTstor. Click on the radio button next to the desired download size, whether small (800 x 800 pixels), medium (1600 x 1600 pixels), or large (3200 x 3200 pixels). More details...
- Click on the "Temp Space" or "Files" tab to choose the directory that OIV should use to cache the uncompressed image files used in the Image Palette Presentation. Click on the "Browse" button to locate a target destination. For optimal performance, this directory should be on a different disk than the one containing the application itself.
- Click on the "Memory" or "Memory Usage" tab and use the scroll bar provided to set the maximum amount of memory the OIV can use. More details...
- Click on the "Defaults" or "Slide Defaults" tab to set the default properties for the slides that you create.
- Once you have made changes to your preferences, click on the "OK" button to close the window and apply the new default settings.
- You may always go back the "Preferences" dialog to re-adjust these preferences by repeating steps # 1-3 outlined above.
- Click on the "View" toolbar button.
- Follow the arrow to the right of the "Dialogs" option.
- Check or un-check the following options, depending on whether or not your would like to view the corresponding dialogs:
- Show getting started wizard on startup
- Show presentation quick guide
- Show certificate expiration warnings
- Show upload warning
- Use the Image Palette to build a collection of images for use in a presentation.
- Use the Slide Sorter to create presentation slides. Then, edit your presentation slides in the Slide Editor, using the images from the Image Palette.
- Once you have completed your presentation, use the options in the toolbar to save or share the file.
Since the Default Layout displays all three panes at the same time, you may find it useful when creating slides. Slide previews selected in the Slide Sorter will be displayed in the Slide Editor, where they can be edited by adding images from the Image Palette.
But, you may also want to isolate a particular pane while working within it. You may maximize or minimize any of the panes by using the application window controls in the upper right corner of each pane . For Macs, the window controls will appear in the upper left corner of the various panes.
To further customize your workspace, mouse over the borders of the various panes until your pointer turns into a double-headed arrow. Then, use your mouse to drag the borders of the pane to the exact size that you need.
You may always return to the Default Layout by going to the "View" toolbar menu, following the arrow to the right of the "Workspace" option, and selecting "Reset to default layout." You may also choose to hide or show any combination of panes by selecting any of the other options listed under the "Workspace" option. Finally, after you've customized your workspace to an optimal layout, you can choose the "Save layout" option under "Workspace" to preserve it.