From Artstor Help
An ARTstor online presentation is essentially an image group, which is presented in the Image Viewer window.
- Save the images that you wish to present in an image group.
- Open your image group so that its contents are displayed on a thumbnail page.
- Rearrange images so that they are in the order that you wish to display them in your presentation.
- Save any changes that you have made to the group.
- Double-click on the first image thumbnail in the group to launch the Image Viewer window. Use the tools provided in the Image Viewer to present your images.
- Use (navigational arrows) in the lower right corner of the window to navigate through the images in your presentation. Click (list image titles icon), to skip ahead or go back in the image group.
- Click (maximize icon) to expand the window to full-screen. To return to half-screen, click (minimize icon).
- To compare images, double-click a second image thumbnail in your group to launch a second Image Viewer window. It will open on the opposite side of the screen. For more details see tips for side-by-side comparisons below.
- Select (zoom mode ), and then use your mouse to click into the image, in order to zoom in to details. You may also use (zoom in icon) and (zoom out icon).
- Select (pan mode), and use your mouse to drag to different areas within the zoomed-in image. You may also click and drag the red selection box in the thumbnail map, located in the lower right corner of the window.
- After zooming and/or panning, restore the image to its original state by clicking (reset icon).
- To end your presentation, click on the "X" in the upper right corner of the Image Viewer.
Tips for side-by-side comparisons
To set up a presentation with side-by-side comparisons, similar to a traditional slide lecture...
- When arranging the images in your image group, make sure to position all the images that will appear on the left side in the front half of your group.
- Then, move all of the images that will appear in the right side to the back half of your group.
- If you have a large group, you may find it easier to rearrange your images if you view the group on a single page.
- Then, once you begin your presentation, set up a side-by-side comparison with the first images from the front and back halves of your group. For detailed instructions, please see: Viewing side-by-side comparisons.
- Double-click on the first image in the group so the it opens on the left side of the window.
- Then, go back to the page of thumbnails and double-click on the first image that you want to present on the right side, so that it opens on the opposite side of the screen. You many also open any image and use the List Image Titles icon () to jump ahead to the first image in the second group.
- Once the first pairs of images are displayed in the two Image Viewers, use the navigational arrows () at the bottom of each window to advance each side of the comparison in sequence. Toggle back and forth, from left to right, to navigate through your presentation.
When you download images from ARTstor, you are saving the image (as a JPEG file) and the image data text (as an HTML file). These JPEGs can then be inserted into any presentation software of your choice. For detailed instructions on downloading images, please see Downloading images
Download images into OIV
The Offline Image Viewer (OIV) is a stand-alone presentation software that ARTstor has developed to allow users to give reliable, Internet-independent classroom presentations with ARTstor images, as well as local, personal images. To present an ARTstor Image Group in the OIV, you will need to download the images into a local copy of the OIV software.
- Download and install the OIV.
- Save the images that you wish to present in an Image Group.
- Open the OIV and then download the group from ARTstor.
- Import any local images that you wish to present along the ARTstor images.
- Decide whether you want to present the images as a group, or create authored presentation slides.
Export to PowerPoint
Please check all technical requirements before using this feature, including adding ARTstor as a trusted site or disabling popup blockers, and saving the file to an accessible location; you must also have PowerPoint 2007 or later to use the file.
- Log into your ARTstor account and open an image group containing 100 or fewer images.
- Above the image group thumbnails, towards the right side of the screen you will see the export to PowerPoint button (). Click this.
- A window will appear telling you how many images you can download in the current 120 day period. Click Yes. You will then be asked to accept the Terms & Conditions of Use for the group of ARTstor images you are downloading. Click Accept.
- A new window will appear with a progress bar as your PowerPoint2007 presentation file is generated. This may take several minutes, depending on the group size.
- If prompted to open or save, choose to SAVE the file to your computer. Once you have saved the .pptx file you can open and edit it using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.
Each image will appear on its own slide, with the image data in the notes field below each slide. When in presentation mode, each image will also be hyperlinked to the original image in ARTstor, which you can open to enlarge, pan and rotate online. In compatible versions, this file can also be opened in Keynote.
You can also watch this video demo on how to export to PowerPoint.
Please note: All logged in users may export up to 2000 images in a 120 day period. In addition, downloads to PowerPoint can include up to 150 images per download.
Visit ARTstor’s website: www.artstor.org